MythTV is the ultimate free open source Digital Video Recorder. You can think of it has a home media center hub for everyone and its an alternative to the Windows Media Center or Tivo. MythTV had been transformed from a mere TV viewing application into a full home media center suite, capable of managing your personal photo, video, and music collections, as well as keeping you up to date with the weather, a ZoneMinder home security system, and much more.
MythTV 0.28 Changelog
Key New Features
- WebFrontend. The web interface that uses the webserver built-in the backend (no configuration required.)MythWeb is still available as WebFrontend is not feature complete to replace MythWeb.
- Major UPnP overhaul The UPnP code has seen major changes, improved browsing modes, more metadata, artwork for all media, strict UPnP (2014) and DLNA compliance and support for additional UPnP features. (Note: Client support for additional metadata varies. Client behaviour depends on UPnP compliance.)
- The cardinput table is no longer used, data has moved to capturecard
- MythMusic now uses storage groups you just have to tell the master or a slave backend where your music is located and all frontends will have access to it (no need to mount it using NFS or Cifs).
- MythMusic Lyrics View MythMusic can now search for the lyrics for the currently playing track.
- Updated MythMusic Radio Stream List MythMusic now downloads from our server an updated list of over 31000 radio streams from all around the world.
- MythZoneMinder popup notifications on alarms Shows a live view of the alarmed camera in a popup window.
- Replacement Gallery using MythUI & storage groups Backend manages images in Storage Group and supports multiple frontends/service clients
- Add VBox TV Gateway support
- Add H.265 (HEVC) and VP9 support.
- Using FFmpeg 3.0
Added support libraries/prerequisites
- Qt version 5.2 (or later)
- Exiv2 image tag reader package/library
- taglib version to 1.7 (version 1.8 or higher is recommended, but MythTV will compile with 1.7)
- libcec version is raised from 1.5 to 1.7
- libsystemd-daemon-dev for sd_notify()
How to Install MythTV 0.28 on Ubuntu 17.04, Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04
--------- Add the Repository --------- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mythbuntu/0.28 --------- Update Repository --------- sudo apt-get update --------- Install Package --------- sudo apt-get install mythtv
Remove MythTV 0.28
sudo apt-get remove mythtv