Dropbox Cloud Storage is a storage application and service that enables users to store and sync files online and between computers. Dropbox has a cross-platform client (Windows, Mac, Linux and even Android) that enables users to drop any file into a Dropbox folder that is then synced to the web and the users’ other computers with the Dropbox client. Files in the Dropbox folder may then be shared with other Dropbox users or accessed from the web. Users may also upload files manually through a web browser.
Dropbox Feature Highlight
- Get 2 GB online storage for free.
- Transfer only changed/new content.
- Business accounts are supported and it starts with 1 TB online storage with 5 Users.
- Available for all known platforms Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Get up-to 16 GB online storage with referrals.
- Available for most of the mobile platforms Symbian, Android, iOS.
- Available for most of the devices Laptops, Desktops, Servers, Mobile – Blackberry, iPhone, as well as ipad.
- Works even when you are working offline.
- Can be configured to set bandwidth limit.
- Files Available on the go.
- Pro Dropbox account gets 500GB online storage.
- Edit files in real-time directly in dropbox.
- Easy sharing as well as User-Friendly file upload.
There is currently no available changelog for Dropbox. This would be updated as soon as the changelog is made available.
How to Install Dropbox Cloud Storage on Ubuntu 16.10, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 15.10, Ubuntu 15.04, Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 14.10
sudo apt-get install gdebi wget https://linux.dropboxstatic.com/packages/debian/dropbox_2.10.0_i386.deb sudo gdebi dropbox_2.10.0_i386.deb
sudo apt-get install gdebi wget https://linux.dropboxstatic.com/packages/debian/dropbox_2.10.0_amd64.deb sudo gdebi dropbox_2.10.0_amd64.deb
How to Install Dropbox Cloud Storage on CentOS, Fedora, RHEL
wget https://linux.dropboxstatic.com/packages/fedora/nautilus-dropbox-2.10.0-1.fedora.i386.rpm rpm -Uvh nautilus-dropbox-2.10.0-1.fedora.i386.rpm
wget https://linux.dropboxstatic.com/packages/fedora/nautilus-dropbox-2.10.0-1.fedora.x86_64.rpm rpm -Uvh nautilus-dropbox-2.10.0-1.fedora.x86_64.rpm
- After installation is completed, start dropbox and follow the on screen setup to download the most recent update