Hiri email client is an attractive mail app that integrates seamlessly not only with Microsoft Exchange servers, but also connects to Office 365, as well as Outlook.com, Live, and Hotmail accounts. We can argue that the likes of Mozilla Thurderbird (with ExQuilla Plugin), Evolution are also great alternatives but Hiri does have some extra wow factor, one of which is the dashboard.
Hiri is written in Python and PyQt/Qt and runs on Windows, Mac OS, as well as Linux platform. Currently not supported are Gmail, Yahoo etc.
Before we take a quick look at it’s features, please note that Hiri is not an open-source app hence its not free but rather there is a 14 days trial period.
- One notable feature of this app is the dashboard design. With the dashboard, you control how often you check your mails
- Fully compatible with Office365 and Exchange. Your emails, calendars, folders and everything else will sync with it
- You can easily drag an email into the To-do list feature on the right hand side, Prioritise the list, Set reminders, as well as Add notes
- Simple to use Actionable filter which enables you to group emails that needs to be actioned from emails that you just need to know about
See the Hiri more features section for more info
Hiri 1.1.0 Changelog
- Added a brand new search! We’ve built the best search in the business. Seriously. Try it out.
- Disabled email actions in replies when they contain a draft
- Fetching and rendering avatars has been optimized
- Bugfix: reply draft was sometimes getting stuck when sending
- Bugfix: escape < and > in plaintext messages to render them correctly
- Bugfix: fixed a bug, which could cause high-CPU usage and make Hiri non-responsive
How to install Hiri Email Client on Ubuntu 17.04 and below
- Install Hiri via the snap package (recommended)
sudo snap install hiri
- Install from tar.gz package
cd ~/Downloads wget https://feedback.hiri.com/downloads/Hiri.tar.gz tar -xvf Hiri.tar.gz cd hiri ./hiri.sh